Our website address is: https://melissabhowell.com.
Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Melissa B. Howell may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from date.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOW IS IT USED?
Information You Voluntarily Submit to the Website: We may collect personal information from you such as your name or email address. For example, you may voluntarily submit information to the Website by leaving a comment, subscribing to a newsletter, or submitting a contact form.
Information We Collect from Others: We may receive information about you from other sources. You may link your Facebook, Instagram, and/or Google accounts to your user profile. If you choose to link your Facebook, Instagram, and/or Google accounts to your user profile, we will receive your name, email address and profile picture associated with that account.
Automatically-Collected Information: We automatically collect certain information about you and the device with which you access the Website. For example, when you use the Website, we will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the Website. We may also collect information about actions you take when using the Website, such as links clicked.
Cookies: We may log information using cookies, which are small data files stored on your browser by the Website. We may use both session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted, to provide you with a more personalized experience on the Website.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION MAY BE USED
We may use the information collected in the following ways:
- To operate and maintain the Website;
- To send you promotional information, such as newsletters. Each email promotion will provide information on how to opt-out of future mailings;
- To send you administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts;
- To respond to your comments or inquiries;
- To provide you with user support;
- To track and measure advertising on the Website;
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity.
THIRD-PARTY USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your information with third parties when you explicitly authorize us to share your information.
Additionally, the Website may use third-party service providers to service various aspects of the Website. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies.
The Website currently uses the following third-party service providers:
Google Analytics – this service tracks Website usage and provides information such as referring websites and user actions on the Website. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured by Google Analytics.
At this time, your personal information is not shared with any other third-party applications. This list may be amended from time to time in the Website’s sole discretion.
Except when required by law, we will not sell, distribute, or reveal your email addresses or other personal information without your consent; however, we may disclose or transfer personal information collected through the Website to third parties who acquire all or a portion of our business, which may be the result of a merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
From time to time, we may use anonymous data, which does not identify you alone, or when combined with data from other parties. This type of anonymous data may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. Examples of this anonymous data may include analytics or information collected from cookies.
PUBLICLY VISIBLE INFORMATION
If you create a user profile on the Website or leave a comment, certain information may be publicly visible. Your email address will never be available publicly. At your option, you may also add an avatar, a profile description, and a link to your website.
You may also choose to link your Facebook, Instagram, and Google Account.
Users may see your username, avatar, profile description and website information.
Users may, at any time, prevent the setting of cookies, by the Website, by using a corresponding setting of your internet browser and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Furthermore, already set cookies may be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software programs. This is possible in all popular Internet browsers. However, if users deactivate the setting of cookies in your Internet browser, not all functions of our Website may be entirely usable.
Facebook: Opt-out of Facebook remarketing here
Google: Opt-out of Google remarketing here
Affiliate Program Participation
The Website may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the Website. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions.
Melissa B. Howell is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com. As part of this Amazon Associates program, the Website will post customized links, provided by Amazon, to track the referrals to their website. This program utilizes cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.
On the Website, you may subscribe to our newsletter, which may be used for advertising purposes. All newsletters sent may contain tracking pixels. The pixel is embedded in emails and allows an analysis of the success of online marketing campaigns. Because of these tracking pixels, we may see if and when you open an email and which links within the email you click. Also, this allows the Website to adapt the content of future newsletters to the interests of the user. This behavior will not be passed on to third parties.
RIGHTS RELATED TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Opt-out – You may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails. You may also notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be removed from our mailing list.
Access – You may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request to email@example.com.
Amend – You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to amend or update your personal information.
Forget – In certain situations, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data. To do so, please submit a request to email@example.com.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Website does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian believes that the Website has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 16 in its database, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
Last updated: June 18, 2020.
Terms & Conditions & User Agreement
- These Terms & Conditions & User Agreement (also herein “terms and conditions”, “Agreement” or “agreement”) set forth how Melissa B. Howell (also herein, the “Company”, “we”, “us” or “our”) (and you the user (also herein, “you”, “your”, “user” or “User”, that also in many circumstances may be referred to as “visitor”, “subscriber”, “customer”, “member”, “VIP”, or “affiliate”), agree to respect and treat each other while and after you are using our website, pages and other information published through http://icecreaminspiration.com/. The term “you” also includes, as applicable, any company, group or organization you may represent, which also is bound hereby, jointly and severably with you as an individual, with your attesting to have both its express and apparent authority to agree on its behalf to all of these terms and conditions.
- Copyright & Trademark Notice:
Trademark Notice: Unless otherwise specified, all materials appearing on this site, including the text, site design, logos, graphics, icons, and images, as well as the selection, assembly and arrangement thereof, are the sole property of the Company, Copyright © 2014, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. You may use the content of this site only for the purpose of reading the information on this site, for your own education, for shopping on this site or for placing an order through this site and for no other purpose. No materials from this site may be copied, reproduced, modified, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any form or by any means without our prior written permission. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved. Any unauthorized use of the materials appearing on this site may violate copyright, trademark and other applicable laws and could result in criminal or civil penalties.
- No Professional Advice: The beneficial but low and no-cost advice shared on our site has been provided for general educational purposes only and for no other purpose. Nothing we provide for you here is intended to replace any form of competent professional advice. If you are in need of professional advice, including medical, mental health, legal, accounting or tax advice, or any other form of professional advice, then you should seek out a competent professional in that area who can ensure you are provided help that is specific to your particular situation and circumstances.
- No FDA Evaluation: The advice shared in this site has not been evaluated by the US Food & Drug Administration (FDA). The products and methods mentioned or recommended on this site are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness or disease, nor are the products and methods intended to replace proper medical help.
- Federal Trade Commission Disclosure: This website and its information are written, edited and published by the Company, which claims sole and exclusive ownership of its content. For questions about this website or its content, please contact us using the following email address: email@example.com. The Company sometimes accepts forms of cash advertising, direct sponsorship, affiliate sponsorship, paid insertions, or other forms of compensation. We abide by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in our website and its content. Other than what is obviously advertising, if certain content is paid or directly sponsored, then we here pledge our best efforts to clearly identify or label it as such. The Company is sometimes compensated to provide opinions on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though we may receive compensation for our posts, advertisements or other content, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on any blog, guest post or in any form of comments on our website are purely that blogger’s own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
- Policy for Our Giveaways:
- No purchase(s) necessary to win.
• Giveaways are for US residents only (unless stated otherwise).
- Entrants must be natural persons 18 years of age or older to enter.
- Winners are chosen at random, which typically means by a method employing the free tools available at www.random.org, or other similar tools; we also may choose a winner by awarding the prize to the first eligible person to respond to our free call to action.
- Winners will be notified by email shortly after the giveaway ends. We are not responsible if a winner’s email inbox settings mark or categorize our notification email as junk, spam or the like.
- Winners will have 48 hours to claim the prize or another winner may be chosen at our discretion.
- We may, at our discretion, make public the first name and last initial of our giveaway winners, also making public their state and/or country of residence. All other contact information will remain private and will be destroyed after a winner is confirmed and their prize is confirmed as mailed.
- A winner’s tax considerations and any tax or tax-related obligations are entirely their own. Since all of our giveaways are for cash, goods and/or services valued at less than US$600, we don’t and won’t be sending any winner a form 1099-misc for US income tax purposes.
- We reserve the right to end, extend, or change a giveaway for any reason and without prior notice.
- We reserve the right to consider any entrant ineligible who has been a winner in one of our giveaways in the last 12 months.
- In any of our giveaways of products from certain companies, we reserve the right to limit the pool of eligible entrants to those persons who are not wholesale members, affiliates, contractors or employees of those companies.
- Odds of winning in one of our giveaways depend on number of entrants.
- Void where prohibited by law.
- Governing Law: This agreement shall be construed under the laws of the State of Colorado, USA.
- Severability and Interpretation: Whenever possible each provision of these terms and conditions shall be interpreted in such a manner as to be effective and valid under applicable law, but if any provision of these terms and conditions shall be prohibited, void, invalid, or unenforceable under applicable law, such provision shall be ineffective to the extent of such prohibition, invalidity, voidability, or enforceability without invalidating the remainder of such provision or the remaining provisions of this agreement. We and you agree that any ambiguity or vagueness of any provision of this agreement shall not be construed against the drafting party because of its being the drafter of this agreement.
- Survival: All obligations of the parties hereto contained in this agreement shall survive the expiration or termination of this agreement.
- Arbitration & Relief in Equity: All claims and disputes arising under or relating to these terms and conditions are to be settled by binding arbitration in the State of Colorado or another location mutually agreeable to the parties. An award of arbitration may be confirmed in a court of competent jurisdiction. Should any arbitration be commenced between the parties to this agreement concerning this agreement, or the rights and duties of either in relation thereto, the party prevailing in such arbitration shall be entitled, in addition to such relief as may be granted, to its attorneys’ fees and costs in the arbitration. Nothing in the foregoing shall in any way limit the Company from seeking to uphold and defend its rights and privileges contained in the terms of this Agreement or any other applicable agreement with its Users, Members or Affiliates by requesting injunctive relief, administrative relief or any relief in equity, including without limitation remuneration for attorneys’ fees and/or other dispute-related costs, in a court of competent jurisdiction, by administrative proceeding or by any other legal means.
- Refunds, Returns, Limitation of Liability: Company provides in writing its refund and return policies in its marketing materials for each of its products that it produces and directly sells to you, and which policies Company may or may not provide for each of its services or bundles of services. Company’s refund and return policies may differ from product to product, service to service and/or from time to time, and these policies may change looking forward at any time at the Company’s sole discretion. You agree to make any requests for any available refunds or returns before or on any applicable deadline by email at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org, including the word “refund” or “return”, as applicable, in the subject line of your email. Company shall not be liable for any untimely or improper refund or return requests, or for any loss of profits or costs, or for any direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages, including costs associated with the procurement of substitute goods or services (whether Company was or should have been aware or advised of the possibility of such damage), arising out of or associated with any loss, suspension or interruption of service, termination of this Agreement, use or misuse of our content, or other performance of services under this Agreement.
- Indemnification: User agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Company, its officers, affiliates, directors, agents, and employees from and against any and all property damage, personal injuries or death and other liability, loss, cost, expense, or damage, including, without limitation, court costs and reasonable attorney’s fees arising out of user’s use or misuse, whether intentional or negligent, of the Company’s content and information and from user’s breach of any of the terms contained in this agreement.
- Counterparts: This agreement, and any other agreements we may enter into with you later, may be executed in several counterparts or by separate actions between or among its parties, each of which shall constitute an original and all of which, when taken together, shall constitute one agreement It’s understood that your accessing and using the information on this website constitutes your complete assent, and, as applicable, the assent of the company, group or organization you represent, to all of these terms and conditions, which shall be considered valid, binding and effective for all purposes.
- Headings: The headings for sections herein are for convenience only and shall not affect the meaning of the provisions of this agreement.
Legal Template provided by SimplyDoneLegal.com; Copyright © 2015-2016, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED; used here by written permission; last updated February 5, 2019.
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising
The Website may use Mediavine to manage all third-party advertising on the Website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit the Website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website. The cookie may collect information relating to your use of the Website, information about your device such as the device’s IP address and browser type, demographic data and, if you arrived at the Website via a link from a third-party site, the URL of the linking page.
First party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioral advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/.
Without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site.
The Website may collect IP addresses and location information to serve personalized ads and pass it to Mediavine. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices to opt-in or opt-out of this data collection, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp. You may also visit http://optout.aboutads.info/#/ and http://optout.networkadvertising.org/# to learn more information about interest-based advertising. You may download the AppChoices app at http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices to opt out in connection with mobile apps, or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt out.
Mediavine partners with the following data processors:
END OF TERMS & CONDITIONS & USER AGREEMENT